Sunday, January 4, 2015

Pineapple & Cream Smoothie

OK, it's 2015. Everyone is on a new year, new you campaign.  I admit, I have fallen susceptible to those campaigns in the past too.  I do try to actively live a healthy lifestyle, and sometimes have set backs as we all do.  I just release the guilty feelings and move on to healthier choices.

In the spirit of things of a new year, let's get healthy, I will share a smoothie recipe.  It's simple, delicious, light and refreshing.  It makes a great breakfast, dessert, or snack.  It is also another way for me to get in some yogurt, which I really really don't like. 

My recipes for smoothies don't include protein powder or other supplements.  However, if you already incorporate those items into your diet, feel free to add it to the smoothie.

recipe (three 8 oz. servings)

3 c. frozen pineapple chunks
2 1/4 c. almond milk, (you can use skim milk too)
1/2 c. plain yogurt
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Simply combine all the ingredients in a blender, and puree until smooth.  If the mixture is thick you can add a bit more milk.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment