Friday, November 7, 2014

Pin Cushion Teacups

I am finishing a few items for my last craft shows of the fall season.  One of my latest projects is pin cushion teacups. 

My mom has a huge collection of teacups she no longer wants.  She was going to just sell them, but I persuaded her to let me have them and put a crafty spin on it.  After browsing Pinterest, I found this really cute idea to make them into pin cushions.

Using fabric remnants, batting, and a little tacky glue, VIOLA!  These are perfect for anyone who sews, or just a cute little decoration tucked into a nook.

Supplies

Tacky glue
needle and thread
craft batting
scrap fabric

  • Simply cute a circle of fabric twice the circumference of the teacup. 
  • Run a basting stitch along the outside of the circle and gather slowly.
  • Fill the gathered material with batting until smooth and firm.
  • Stitch the fabric circle closed and apply a little glue to the inside of the teacup.
  • Nestle the fabric puff into the teacup.
 
 
I did not glue the cup to the saucer, but you could if you wanted it all in once piece.  I would use a ceramic or glass glue for that.
 
The saucer also makes a great place to place bobbins, thimbles, or any other small notion while working on a project!

No comments:

Post a Comment