Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Mini Pumpkin Breads

Here's an easy recipe for left over pumpkin puree.  I bought the big can of pumpkin puree, but only needed half of it for my pie.  I didn't really want to make two pies (mainly because I would eat them both).  So I used the rest of the pumpkin to make quick mini pumpkin loaves.

This recipe was given to me years ago by a fellow crafter.  I believe she said it was a Weight Watchers recipe.  All I know, is it is delicious and requires little effort.  The original recipe is two ingredients: cake mix and pumpkin.  I added vanilla and cinnamon to mine just to bump up the taste.

recipe

1 box of spice cake mix (carrot works too)
15 oz. pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until well blended.  Pour into desired cooking pan. (Batter will be very thick.)  I used a mini bread loaf pan, but you can use a cupcake pan or bundt pan too. 

Follow package instructions for baking.  For example, cupcakes take approximately 18 to 23 minutes, bundt pan will take 45 minutes or so.

The mini bread loaves took about 24 minutes.  Enjoy warm or freeze for up to 3 months.  Sprinkle with powder sugar to make it extra fancy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment