Monday, July 16, 2012

Lowe's Heroes Will Pay A Visit To Riverside Elementary

I have blogged over the last few months about the school budget crisis in our town.  In the end, the tax increase needed to keep Center Street Elementary open was voted down.

I have to give credit to all the teachers, staff, and parents for making the last days at Center Street truly memorable for the kids.  There were fabulous activities planned, and everyone enjoyed themselves.  Now we are moving on to a new school and a new adventure.

My boys were assigned to Riverside Elementary.  We found out Adam will have a male teacher this year.  We are excited, especially seeing Adam wants to be a teacher himself one day.  We are also excited for Brandon to begin kindergarten.  While I have mixed emotions about my baby going to school, I am looking forward to all the great memories he will make.

So far, we are very pleased with the introduction we have received at Riverside.  The principal is very "hands-on" and welcoming to questions and new ideas.

As many of you know, Jay is the store manager for the Lowe's in Oneonta...... that is what brought us to this town.  Every year Lowe's Heroes runs a volunteer program to improve the local community.  This year, Lowe's will be paying a visit to Riverside Elementary.  I don't want to spoil the surprise as to what is coming, but I will give a hint.  It involves improvement to the outdoor area of the school. 

The project is set to be underway in a few weeks.  After it is done I will post pictures and give more details.  We are so excited to be a part of this great idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment