Saturday, July 14, 2012

Classic Blueberry Muffins

Last night a vote was cast for breakfast.  On the menu was toads, snails, or blueberry muffins.  While Adam's little friend voted for toads with ice cream, blueberry muffins won.  So this morning, I whipped up a batch of classic blueberry muffins.  However, I did experiment with my new trio of vanillas.



While I was in Buffalo, I visited one of my most favorite stores, Williams-Sonoma...sigh.  I could spend hours there.  If only I had that million dollar inheritance, I could afford a lot more there too.  I did splurge on the trio of vanilla.  For years I have used the Madagascar Bourbon, and I really love the taste of it.   For today, I chose the Tahitian vanilla.  It pairs nicely with fruit items or non-baked foods, such as whipped cream. 



For the muffins, I bet you have all the ingredients in your pantry and freezer.  It is really simple, but that is why this recipe is so nice.  The blueberries and vanilla really have a chance to shine.


recipe (12 muffins)


2 c. flour
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
2 eggs
6 tbsp. melted butter, cooled
1 c. milk
1 c. frozen blueberries
1 tsp. vanilla


Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.  Spray a standard muffin tin with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.  In a large measuring cup whisk together milk, eggs, and vanilla.  Make a well in the dry ingredients and slowly pour in milk mixture.  With a spoon or spatula, carefully mix batter until just combined.  Fold in blueberries.

Scoop batter into the muffin tin.  Fill about 3/4 full.  Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.  Allow to cool on a rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment