Friday, February 24, 2012

Cake Pops

So what's been happening the last week or so???  Well, we (meaning the boys and myself) went to visit my family in Buffalo.  We had a great time, and it always seems too short.

We are back in Oneonta. The car has been unpacked, pizza dough is made for dinner, Adam will be going to guitar lessons shortly, and then it's off to the YMCA tonight for open swim.

In between visiting family, friends, and a dentist appointment, I did manage time for creative play.  I finished a few craft show items for next fall.  I also played around with cake pops.

Now cake pops have been around for a while.  I never experimented with them before, but my mom bought a pan and wanted me to try them.  So I did.  I didn't have my camera so I don't have pictures for a tutorial, but I will do them again soon and post it.

The cake pops that I tried uses a special pan and then the pops are dipped in chocolate.  These are not the ones where you crumble the cake, add the frosting, and then form them.  If you want to see how to make them, click here.  The Gourmand Mom gives an excellent tutorial on them. 

The pan that I used is available at Bed Bath &Beyond.  The only downside is it does not come with super detailed instructions on decorating.  However, while visiting Buffalo, I went to my friend's house and low and behold she had a cake pop cook book.  While thumbing through it, I got a bunch of great ideas.  I will be making chickies for Easter....super adorable.

For now here are a few photos.  I will be posting a tutorial soon.  Oh, did I mention how affordable they are to make.  I got 40 pops out of a 99 cent cake mix.   Even after figuring in the sticks and bags to wrap them up, it only cost about $3.00 to make 40.  (While I was at Target, the Starbucks inside the store was selling them for $1.50 each.)



No comments:

Post a Comment