Saturday, January 28, 2012

How To Freeze Breakfast Items

I've had a few followers submit questions about a previous post.  A few weeks ago, I talked about making your own French toast and pancakes in large batches and freezing them.

So this morning, I was making another batch of French toast, and took some pictures that I hope helps to explain my process.

The first step is to make your favorite French toast recipe.  Then place the cooked pieces of bread onto a cooling rack.



Once you have the rack filled up, place it in the freezer for about an hour.




Next put them in an airtight container or plastic storage bags.





Finally, when you are ready to heat them up, place desired amount of French Toast into a toaster or toaster oven.  I set the toaster oven for about 4 minutes.  Then I cut them into sticks for the kids with a bit a syrup for dipping.





No comments:

Post a Comment