Thursday, June 16, 2011

I Love My Mia

Oil slicks, rough terrain, uneven texture, cracks and crevices, dry patches.  What I am describing?  No, its not the wilderness or desert, it is my 30 something face. 

When I was in my twenties, I never gave a second thought to my skin.  I sometimes took of my makeup before going to bed, and even possibly used a moisturizer.  It was really no big worry.  I would have the occasional pimple, but nothing a good concealer couldn't take care of.   Fast forward ten years and two babies later.  Oh my gosh, maintenance on my face has become a full time job.

A few years ago, I started to notice fine lines setting in.  The breakouts would come more frequently.  This last year, I have noticed a huge change and not for the good.  I have been using Philosophy products for several years, and I am a true Philosophy Girl.  Still my skin is just lacking the radiance I had in my 20's. 

So, I have been watching the buzz around a product called Clarisonic.  At first, I couldn't justify the $200 price tag that accompanied a tool to help clean your face.  I heard celebrities rave about it, beauty editors dedicating articles to it, and of course QVC running hour long shows on this one product.  A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that QVC had a Today's Special Value for the Clarisonic.  I said to myself, if it around a $100, I'll try it.  The Clarisonic Mia (the smaller version) appeared for $125.   I made the decision to purchase it, and figured I had QVC's money back guarantee. 

My Mia arrived a week ago.  I charged it and that night cleansed my face.  I'll be honest, no noticeable difference on the first use, except for the amount of make-up it removed.  A week later I have noticed a change in the texture and smoothness of my skin.  I have also notice the appearance of pores and "black heads" on my nose are diminishing.  I'm hooked.  The Clarisonic stays and hopefully a new start to better skin.

I know it is a considered purchase.  I also just realize I have outed myself to my husband as to how much it is :o)  Hopefully he won't be too mad, considering it will make me look better, right?  It's also on easy pay, so not that much of a hit on the credit card every month.  I definitely think it would make a lovely present for a birthday or the holidays. 

Here's a picture of mine in the pink paisley.  Oh, and notice the new Vera Bradley cosmetic bag behind it, in Twirly Bird Pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment