Friday, April 22, 2011

A Book To Read

I was very lucky last week to spend time with my family.  I went home for a long overdue visit and spent some quality time with friends and family.  I got to clear my head and get back on track, and in the evening I got to catch up on some reading.

I normally don't recommend books to read.  Mostly because I don't read great works of literature.  I read what most people call fluff or light reading.  But every now and then I come across a book, that moves me. 

This last week I read Jane Green's, Promises to Keep.  This book really hit home.  I related with the central character, Callie.  We are both mom's to young children, and have husbands that spend an enormous amount of time with their careers.  She has a couple of super close friends, and has a wonderful relationship with her family.  Then some unforeseen things happen and the relationships are tested and their strength embraced.  Upon finishing the book, I was in tears, and sat reflecting on my own life.  I once again reaffirmed my blessings.

Go ahead and give this one a try.  If you are a fast reader you can have it done in a couple of nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment