Thursday, March 31, 2011

Happy April

THERE WILL BE NO CUPCAKE SPOTLIGHT FOR APRIL!!!!!! April Fool's!!!! 

I don't have any particular reasoning behind this month's flavor.  I wanted to do a scratch cake and settled on my mother-in-law's banana cake. I added my own twist on the frosting and made a caramel butter cream.  The decoration is really simple with some Easter candy.  I tinted the frosting green, to resemble grass with the eggs nestled in it. Perhaps like the Easter Bunny would leave hidden.  A really cute touch would be to tint coconut green and apply it to the frosting for a more realistic grass look.

Even if you don't decorate it for Easter, this cake and frosting recipe is yummy and can be made for any occasion.  Have a Happy April Fool's Day.




No comments:

Post a Comment