Monday, November 1, 2010

Cupcake of the Month for November

It's November 1st and the latest edition of Cupcake Spotlight!  I can not take credit for this recipe, as it was told to me years ago. I can take credit for the frosting and garnish combination with the cupcake.  So for a little history on the cake portion. I was at a craft show about four years ago, and while having a conversation with customer, we got on the subject of baking.  She had recently lost a lot of weight, but confessed her love of sweets.  She told me to make a simple cake, just take one package of spice cake mix and add one can of pumpkin puree, mix and bake according to package instructions for a bundt.  A couple of weeks later I did.  The recipe is delicious and super moist.  I liked that fact it had no egg or oil, making it heart healthy as well.

Over the years I have shared this recipe with a slew of people.  Friends have tried it and added powder sugar to the top or a cream cheese drizzle.  I even had one person add chocolate chips and said it fabulous.  I decided to make it into cupcakes topped with an orange cream cheese frosting, garnished with a candied orange peel.  This recipe is easy and a big crowd pleaser.  Go ahead and try it for Thanksgiving instead of the traditional pumpkin pie, it will be a hit!

Linking to these parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment