Saturday, September 4, 2010

Cheesecake Pancakes

Happy Saturday morning everyone!!! In our house, the weekends are reserved for special breakfasts.  I normally make something I wouldn't have the time for during the week, such as pancakes, french toast, Belgian waffles, etc.  Today's inspiration came from our recent trip to IHOP via Sesame Place.  IHOP was our favorite breakfast location and each morning I tried something different.  The dish that really knocked my socks off was the cheesecake pancakes.  They had actual bits of cheesecake mixed in the batter that became warm and melted once cooked. Then they topped the pancakes with a strawberry sauce and whipped cream.......YUMMY!!!

In my version, I decided if I were to make a cheesecake, I would not cut it up for pancakes. So I created a sauce that had the same flavor profile but without all the work. Give my version a try, and remember while I topped mine with strawberries, any fresh fruit would be delicious.  Also try the sauce on waffles or french toast.

Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes

4 oz cream cheese softened
3 Tbsp powder sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 to 3 Tbsp milk

In a bowl whisk the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Slowly add the milk one tablespoon at a time until you get a pourable sauce consistency.  Pour over your favorite pancake recipe (or the frozen kind, I won't tell) topped with fresh fruit and whipped cream.

tip: I made the sauce the night before, stored it in the refrigerator, and pulled out to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving!

No comments:

Post a Comment