Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wholesome Wednesdays (tomato & cuke salad)

Ready for the second edition of Wholesome Wednesdays?  Today's recipe is quite simple, I don't think it even qualifies as a recipe.  I have been teased for years by my husband about my "famous" tomato & cucumber salad. He has told me it can't be called a salad; it's just veggies with salad dressing. I beg to differ and I love this salad during the summer months when tomatoes are at their peak.  I have been blessed with home-grown tomatoes and cukes from my parents garden and decided to make this side dish on such a hot day.

All you need to do is slice cucumbers and tomatoes into small pieces, similar in size. Add salt & pepper to taste and pour about 1/4 c. to 1/2 c. of Italian dressing (I use Good Seasonings). Toss, chill and serve as a side dish. For a different twist, add red onion, black olives, and feta cheese and now you're traveling to the Mediterranean.

Tomorrow I'll have a tip for getting crafty with the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment