Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wholesome Wednesday (sneaky veggie drink)

After a long day of fair going and consuming food that was tasty but not so friendly to the waistline, I feel like I need to get back to basics of good nutrition. So for this weeks Wholesome Wednesday I decided to post my recipe for a sneaky veggie drink. I call it sneaky because it has a good amount of veggies that is disguised by the fruit in the drink.  Now just keep in mind it will not taste like a sugary smoothie. It has an earthy taste to it from the spinach, but a slightly sweet taste from the berries. Brandon loves to sneak sips from my glass, and I have no problem letting him, as it is filled with vitamins.  All you need is a good blender that can crush ice. I usually store this in the fridge for a couple of days, and drink about 16 oz for breakfast, to start my day out right!

recipe

1 bag of baby spinach
2 peeled uncooked beets
1 cup red grapes
1 cup of blueberries (i've used other berries too)
1 pear, cored
3 cups of water

blend all ingredients until smooth, and refrigerate for a couple of hours. it is best served very chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment